Paslm 68:5-6a

"A father to the fatherless, ... is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families." Psalm 68:5-6a



Tuesday, November 9, 2010

God's Voice & Plans

An amazing thing happened this morning. I had written down a list of specific prayer requests about our adoption and had Paul look it over. He wrote on the bottom Isaiah 30:21. Then I got in my car and received an e-mail from a friend who gave me the same verse! There are 31,103 verses in the Bible. Isn't it incredible that they both gave me the same verse within the hour? God must be trying to tell me something. I just need to be listening! Isaiah 30:21 says "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." He is so personal and good to us.

Regarding what I wrote yesterday, I spoke with someone who had looked over the bill in Russian. She said that adoptions are still moving along and that hopefully they will not be stopped in the near future. Back in 2006, the government did suspend international adoptions for that year. Thankfully God is in control and His plans will prevail.

1 comment:

  1. We are so excited for your family. We will be praying for y'all! I was with Settle last night when I received your e-mail asking about her, so she was blessed to know that she was on your mind and in your prayers even with all you have on your mind. We are so excited to meet your lil girl and will be praying for the first referral to be the ONE! I heard a story this weekend, of a couple looking through profiles, and they came across one and both had the feeling "what is our daughter doing in China?"... I pray that for you two too!! God bless you, Traveling Mercies!

    ReplyDelete