Paslm 68:5-6a

"A father to the fatherless, ... is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families." Psalm 68:5-6a



Saturday, November 20, 2010

We've Arrived in Lviv

We took the overnight train last night from Kiev to the largest city in the west called Lviv (almost to Poland). The architecture here is amazing! And there is so much history here also. We are staying in a great apartment that we found online that is a short walk to the center of the city. We saw so many brides taking photos in the square that we lost track of how many, which was kindof cool. We also took a tour of the city by tram that helped us get our bearings. Eventhough we can't speak or read the language, we are getting along fine. Some of the restaurants have menus with pictures of the food or English translations. We also carry a pen and paper in case we need people to write a price down for us. Thankfully we are getting picked up by some friends of friends for church tomorrow morning so we are very thankful for that. Despite being in this beautiful city, we can't stop thinking about the magnitude of our meeting on Monday with this little 2 1/2 year old girl. Please keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Finally you're hearing from me! Please know that my lack of communication has NOTHING to do with how much I've been thinking about you (24/7) and praying for you! I can't believe all that's happening! I was woken up a few hours ago thinking about you so much and praying and got an email from Cymp this morning filling me in a bit...I just cannot believe you're THERE and SO happy to hear all that's happening--Ironicially that verse in Isaiah is also something I came across yesterday--I'll have to tell you the story! It's amazing how God has been reminding you in such a powerful way that HE is faithful and has it all worked out! It's fun picturing you in Kiev and L'viv--I love L'viv--Did Cymp connect you with the Fred and Stacy? I don't know if they're still there..they know Amy Baker too! So Monday is the big day! WOW-- I love you guys so much--and I can't wait to hear more.... xoxo
    (Are you getting emails too?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys, Like Nancy, I've been thinking of you 24/7 and wanted to share 1 John 4:18 " . . . perfect love casts out fear . . " which was featured on my daily calendar. I have treasured that verse and pray it for you tonite as you wait to meet this little girl tomorrow (I forgot the difference in time~maybe it's already morning there?) Much love, The Nutters

    ReplyDelete