Paslm 68:5-6a
"A father to the fatherless, ... is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families." Psalm 68:5-6a
Monday, November 29, 2010
We May Be Returning Home for a While
We just talked to our facilitator and he said that tomorrow we will decide if we should go back to the U.S. and then return in the second half of January. He will go to the State Dept. of Adoption tomorrow and talk it over with them. Their Christmas break is during the first two weeks of January and everything shuts down here. He is thinking that we will not be able to complete an adoption because Dec. 25th, which is also celebrated here on a lesser scale. Also, there is not a little girl that he sees for us in the very near future. My concern is that the government will shut down all international adoptions starting in the new year. As much as I would be sad to return home without a little girl, I am trusting that God's timing is perfect and that He is in control of this whole process. There have been many things that have been difficult about it, but we have drawn closer to the Lord while we've been here. Paul and I have had many sweet times of prayer and reading the Bible together. We will update this blog as soon as we find out what our next steps are. I'm still hoping that we can meet a little girl before we go so we can know who exactly we are fighting for!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(17)
-
▼
November
(16)
- Another Thing to Consider
- We May Be Returning Home for a While
- Back in Kiev
- We Need to Start Over:(
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- We Need Your Prayers
- Photos of Lviv, Ukraine
- Our First Real Visit to the Orphanage
- What a Day It's Been!
- We've Arrived in Lviv
- Meeting with State Dept.
- We Made it to Kiev
- Just a few more days until we leave
- God's Voice & Plans
- Concerns about Suspending International Adoptions ...
- Welcome to our Blog
-
▼
November
(16)
Oh Di and Paul, I know this must be so hard and confusing- sounds wise to go home and then try again if nothing is working right now. So glad this is pulling you both closer to each other and closer to the Lord. He will see you through - we continue to pray for you all. Love, Sue and Hal
ReplyDeleteI loved meeting your mom yesterday. So sweet. And their advent wreath is beautiful! Your kids are in such loving and capable hands (as you know!) and they all looked so happy. Nicole was really the master advent wreath builder.
ReplyDeleteWe're praying for you. So so difficult. I know their is a little girl waiting to be adopted by y'all... it will just be a long and bumpy road to her, but it will be well worth it in the end. I pray that God will continue to give you His Spirit and His mind in all of this... especially His peace and patience!!
The plot thickens! Never a dull moment in the Ukraine, to be sure. Thank you for the updates.
ReplyDeleteWe, at home, will know how to pray specifically. And we will be praying for y'all.
Love. Courage. Hope. Liz Rickner
Hi guys, Sounds like coming home might be the best option right now until the end of their break. (I remember all of China shut-down at around the same time for Chinese New Year~we got in just before that.) We know that God has a plan and we're waiting expectantly for it to unfold for you. We continue to pray. Love, The Nutters
ReplyDeleteHang in there! I am have faith that that everything will come together for you in time. We are praying for you!
ReplyDeleteHi there! Thanks for keeping us posted. I've thinking alot about you this week and praying for you. I thought of you as I read Psalm 147 today. Read it when you have a chance...vs 5 says " Great is our Lord, and abundant in power, his understanding is beyond measure." I know He has a plan, I pray for wisdom and discernment for you and Paul.
ReplyDeleteI just found the scrap of paper with the blog link on it you gave me just before you left and have read all of your entries starting at the beginning. With tears, I am praying that God brings you peace in the midst of this process. I am so sorry it has been such a roller coaster and the future looks uncertain, but it is clear that God has called you to this, and so I am confident His plan will be revealed and when it is (I pray quickly!), I know you will see tenderness, mercy and grace clearly. Praying!!
ReplyDeletePaul and Diana, My heart is heavy as I read these two posts. I thought we would both be coming home with children around the same time. I cannot imagine how discouraging it must feel to be at this point. We will be praying for you.
ReplyDelete