Paslm 68:5-6a

"A father to the fatherless, ... is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families." Psalm 68:5-6a



Friday, November 26, 2010

We Need to Start Over:(

Today might be one of the toughest of my life. I don't mean to sound dramatic, but it was very difficult. For a variety of reasons, the adoption of this little girl we see in Lviv has fallen through. We are heading back to Kiev tonight to start the process over again. This will significantly prolong our stay here also. We continue to be told that there are no little girls under the age of 6 that do not have major medical problems that are available for adoption. Please, please pray that God would bring forth "the one" for us. We have come so far, and hope that the Lord has someone for us.

8 comments:

  1. So sorry - will continue to pray for the situation to improve - such frustration - and heartbreak I'm sure. God is good all the time - all the time God is good. This is true. Hang on to that. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygosh . . . Just as I started to write you, the words from "Oh how He loves you and me" came into my heart. Maybe the words from that song can bring you some comfort now. I can't imagine the excruciating emotions that you're feeling right now . . . will pray that your gift of faith will really kick in now and that you'll feel His peace that passes all understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

    There will be brighter days, "Never mistake God's delays, for God's denials. Hold on, Hold out, Hold fast - Patience is genius"

    I am so sorry things are not going well, but I will pray for you both, and for the little girl who doesn't even realize what an amazing family is about to find her. - Laura Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  4. reading your blog and continually lifting you up to the Lord in prayer. - Julie Norton

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're praying for you. So sorry for your great heartache. Praying that God will bring forth the girl for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart breaks for you and I pray that you will be aware of God's hand guiding and holding you through this journey.

    Much love,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's sunday afternoon in Raleigh. You were prayed for in service this morning. And more than once! I will continue to pray.
    Blessings. Courage. Hope. Love. Liz R.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Paul and Diana, our hearts are breaking for you and we will continue to pray for you and your family. We serve a Faithful God may you both feel His loving embrace all around you. We will continue to trust that God will Move a Mountian for you so that you can bring home your little daughter..I Christ Alone, love mark and mary white

    ReplyDelete