Paslm 68:5-6a
"A father to the fatherless, ... is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families." Psalm 68:5-6a
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Happy Thanksgiving!
We woke up to snow today! Thankfully it was just a dusting though. I hope that everyone has a great Thanksgiving. We all have so much to be thankful for. We were reading this afternoon that we should give thanks regardless of our feelings and He will give us joy regardless of our circumstances. Sounds like a good deal to me! We were invited to celebrate Thanksgiving with a family that we met at church. The man/father of the family is here in Lviv planting a church and grew up in S. Africa and Wisconsin. He seems like a very interesting guy. We are looking forward to it. Please continue to pray that we can get the papers we need to get a court day so we can go home! Also, please pray for our hearts. Every time I leave the orphanage, I cry and cry thinking about how these ADORABLE children have everything in terms of clothes, shelter, and food, but don't have the most important thing...a mommy or daddy. It is breaking my heart!!! I'm trying to hug and love them all and play with our little one all at the same time. They crave attention and we are thankful that we can give them some. It's going to be very hard to leave them all after seeing them for about four hours a day for many weeks! Pray that these orphans in Lviv will eventually have homes to grow up in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(17)
-
▼
November
(16)
- Another Thing to Consider
- We May Be Returning Home for a While
- Back in Kiev
- We Need to Start Over:(
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- We Need Your Prayers
- Photos of Lviv, Ukraine
- Our First Real Visit to the Orphanage
- What a Day It's Been!
- We've Arrived in Lviv
- Meeting with State Dept.
- We Made it to Kiev
- Just a few more days until we leave
- God's Voice & Plans
- Concerns about Suspending International Adoptions ...
- Welcome to our Blog
-
▼
November
(16)
Thanks for allowing all of us to join you in this journey and to pray with you (in English!) all these many miles and hours away. As you wait for the paperwork to be completed, I pray for you today that you will "Ener his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endure forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." (Ps 100: 4-5) Have a wonderful day, guys.
ReplyDeleteBruce and Susanne Berger
I just had time to read all of your blogs and am so thankful that I saved them all until Thanksgiving Day. I will pray for your sweet little girl and the court papers. Your love for her is so clear and God is so in control. I saw Scott at school and he looked GREAT. Praying for you all
ReplyDeleteelizabeth deloache