Paslm 68:5-6a
"A father to the fatherless, ... is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families." Psalm 68:5-6a
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Meeting with State Dept.
Last night we were told that there are no girls from 1-4 years of age with minor, correctable medical issues available for adoption at this time. We were also told that it would take a miracle if there was going to be a profile of a little girl that we would be interested in at our meeting with the State Dept. We could hardly sleep last night and were feeling discouraged. This morning we read Isaiah 41:10, which says "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." This gave us great encouragement as we went to the State Dept. for our appointment at noon. We knew that God was in control of whatever the outcome was going to be. We were shown many files of children. We were surprised when our facilitator/translator stopped at one of the files of a 2 1/2 year old who lives in an orphanage in the western part of Ukraine. She was born premature and is small, but does not seem to have any major medical problems. Many unexpected things happened today that made us feel like the Lord wanted us to go see her. God is so personal and has made Himself so real to us since we've been here. We have also been blessed with American friends that have supported and helped us since we've been here. We will leave tomorrow evening to take an overnight train to arrive on Sat. We will then go visit the little girl on Monday. Please be praying for wisdom and discernment as we decide whether to adopt this little one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(17)
-
▼
November
(16)
- Another Thing to Consider
- We May Be Returning Home for a While
- Back in Kiev
- We Need to Start Over:(
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- We Need Your Prayers
- Photos of Lviv, Ukraine
- Our First Real Visit to the Orphanage
- What a Day It's Been!
- We've Arrived in Lviv
- Meeting with State Dept.
- We Made it to Kiev
- Just a few more days until we leave
- God's Voice & Plans
- Concerns about Suspending International Adoptions ...
- Welcome to our Blog
-
▼
November
(16)
This is great news! Praying for you guys. Yes! You will experience the Lord like never before in this adoption. He is awesome, faithful, personal, and in the details beyond imagination. Keep an open mind and keep praying. We are praying for you here!
ReplyDeleteGreg Viehman and Family
Wow! What a roller coaster! I can't imagine. He has HER picked out for you - and as we've prayed, He is directing your steps, one at at time. I know y'all are so anxious in anticipation! I will be praying this weekend for more confirmation and for the Lord to be preparing this little girl to see you! (And I KNOW she will love the little Sophie look alike!)
ReplyDeleteMuch love to you both.
Amanda (and Jason) Steele
I woke up in the middle of the nite (unusual) and felt the need to pray for you guys. I just checked your blog and read how you've been wrestling with some tough info. Thank you, God, for speaking peace through your word to Paul and Di. We pray that they will know if this little girl is THE one. In His name, amen.
ReplyDelete