Paslm 68:5-6a

"A father to the fatherless, ... is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families." Psalm 68:5-6a



Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Are We There Yet?

 Everyday Paul asks me if we've hit the "Groundhog Days", like in the movie when Bill Murray lives the same day over and over.  Paul thinks that we have hit them, but I keep instisting that each day is a little different and that I have too many days ahead to start thinking that way!  Paul was under the weather today so we just went to the orphanage and back to our hotel room, once in the morning and once in the afternoon.  Paul thinks it's nice that we live and sleep in the same room so that we're together all the time.  We spent Valentine's Day at the local Wal-Mart type store (again) having dinner at the dimly lit cafeteria that is decorated with large screen TV's and modern comfortable chairs.  There were some men playing jazz with a sax and keyboard in the corner which resonated over the din of the large grocery store.  It was definitely a memorable Valentine's Day dinner. 
Well, I should be updating you about our funny soon to be son.  Paul calls his backpack the "magic bag" because it's full of toys, candy, books, and photos for our little guy to play with.  Now, every time we are with him, he goes over to the bag and says "Majic bag, majic bag"!  We let him open it himself and pull out whatever he wants to play with.  He found one of those punching bag type balloons this morning and he must have played with it for at least 30 minutes.  This morning we stayed inside so Paul could lie down, but this afternoon we ventured out in the 20 degree weather and he immediately took the balloon out.  Unfortunately, it broke it on a twig right away.  I was so bummed because it was the only one I had.  I'm going to try to find a new one in town.  In just three days, the little guy will be our son!  Please pray that our Friday court session will go well. 

A groupa of younger children


2 comments:

  1. Not to be shallow, but the little man has gorgeous lips! (is that cool to say about a boy?!) Nice profile~can't wait to see his whole face (soon!). You must be counting the daze . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys - so glad you were able to stay Diana. I know it is hard to be away from your other kids, but this little guy needs to know you aren't going anywhere for a while...I was reading a quick blog today that made me think of you. Hope you enjoy. Hugs and can't wait to someday meet your son. Also, the things that KC shared last time are so good - gather all the tidbits of info that you can about your son and his life up until now. http://www.trypsych.com/uncategorized/nurturing-your-adopted-child-to-grow-on-the-inside/

    ReplyDelete