Paslm 68:5-6a

"A father to the fatherless, ... is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families." Psalm 68:5-6a



Monday, February 7, 2011

Fun at the Playground



We got to see the little man twice today. Almost all of the snow has melted so we were able to play on the old, rusted equipment. We were playing on things that were so old, we weren't sure what they were meant for in the first place. Paul wanted to get on the swing, but it was so rusted, I was sure it would break! Again, I think that if we had chased him and scooped him up in our arms the entire 2 1/2 hours, he would have been great with that. Here's another spotting of him. The caregivers don't worry if the boys are wearing Barbie pants, like these. They just make sure they are dressed with warm clean clothes. You should see how they are bundled up to go outside with hats, gloves, scarves, etc. They look like Ralphie in A Christmas Story. At this orphanage there are over 100 children so it's amazing that these children are able to be fed, clothed, and have a roof over their heads at night.


We were able to get in touch with the American missionary nurse who is living here in this small town. She invited us over for lunch tomorrow. We look forward to meeting her and hearing about her medical clinic.

2 comments:

  1. So fun to see pictures of y'all! Thanks so much for keeping the updates coming. I'm so thankful to hear that you'll potentially have a friend (in the missionary nurse) for the time you are there by yourself. I'm sure it's difficult to enjoy the rest... but you'll need it. Also glad that you have your new talking app... so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di and Paul, We are so excited for all of this -we make our plans and the Lord changes them sometimes, so good to know He knows what's best!! I'm sure you can't wait to get him home to meet his brothers and sister!! I will be praying for your parents, Paul - they must be exhausted - what a gift for them to do this for you!! Look forward to a full face picture!! With love from us both.

    ReplyDelete