| It's been snowing the last couple of days |
Paslm 68:5-6a
"A father to the fatherless, ... is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families." Psalm 68:5-6a
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Only 1 Day Left of the 10 Day Waiting Period
I can't believe that I am only one day and two short visits away from picking up John from the orphanage. Tuesday will be a whirlwind, but I'm hopeful that I will be able to collect all the documents needed to get him. Honestly, I'm nervous about how he's going to react to leaving all his friends, caregivers, his schedule/routine, his home, all that he has ever known! While we are waiting to get back to the U.S., we will be in apartments with the same toys that I can tell he's getting a tired of. Our visit wasn't even over today and he heard the TV go on in their living area. He got up and said "good bye" to me and went to watch the show. He'd never done that before! Well, at least I know he likes TV if I need to resort to that when we are in the apartment and if truth be told, my boys at home would do the same thing also. If anyone reading this has ideas of fun things to do with kids in Odessa, please let me know!
Today I went to church and then out to lunch with the American couple who is staying in this hotel. They are very nice and we had so much to talk about with all that we're going through, adopting boys from the same town. I just wish that they had arrived here sooner. I hope that the judge rules in their favor on Wed. and that they will be able to return home soon too. If they win their case, the wife will go back to be with their 5 kids and the husband will stay to get their boy's passport and visa before returning home with him. I know that I keep asking this but please be praying also that I can get a passport for John sooner than later so that we can make a flight on Sat., Mar. 5th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(36)
-
▼
February
(23)
- Looks Like I'm Going Home Sat.
- Only 1 Day Left of the 10 Day Waiting Period
- Answers to Prayer
- Prayer Requests and a Praise
- Some Photos
- Out and About Today
- Paul's Office
- Got to See John Today
- Missing Papa
- It's a Boy!
- Court is Tomorrow
- Trouble in Paradise
- Are We There Yet?
- I've Decided to Stay
- Should I Stay or Should I Go?
- We Got the Document!
- Still Missing A Document
- Breakthrough Today and Big Day Tomorrow
- Fun at the Playground
- To the Orphanage and Odessa
- More Fun at the Orphanage
- Officially Started the Process of Adopting Today!
- A Great First Meeting
-
▼
February
(23)
praying.
ReplyDeleteYou're so close! Praying for a smooth finish!
ReplyDelete