| This was taken Feb. 13. We miss Papa! |
Paslm 68:5-6a
"A father to the fatherless, ... is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families." Psalm 68:5-6a
Friday, February 25, 2011
Prayer Requests and a Praise
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(36)
-
▼
February
(23)
- Looks Like I'm Going Home Sat.
- Only 1 Day Left of the 10 Day Waiting Period
- Answers to Prayer
- Prayer Requests and a Praise
- Some Photos
- Out and About Today
- Paul's Office
- Got to See John Today
- Missing Papa
- It's a Boy!
- Court is Tomorrow
- Trouble in Paradise
- Are We There Yet?
- I've Decided to Stay
- Should I Stay or Should I Go?
- We Got the Document!
- Still Missing A Document
- Breakthrough Today and Big Day Tomorrow
- Fun at the Playground
- To the Orphanage and Odessa
- More Fun at the Orphanage
- Officially Started the Process of Adopting Today!
- A Great First Meeting
-
▼
February
(23)
So happy for you and your little John. It's so exciting (and discouraging) to be so close to the end and have it still be out of reach! Yes, you heard your facilitator correctly. Women's Day is a big holiday in Ukraine (think Mother's Day here) and you will have delays. I'll be praying for John's passport. We adopted our daughter from Ukraine in Feb 2009 and arrived home on April 8th, 2009. Hang in there...you're almost through it. :)
ReplyDeleteErg, I just typed a reply, and it did not go through.
ReplyDeleteAnyways, I saaaaaaid,
I am praying right along with you. We got an expedited passport in Odessa in January (best money I ever spent). It was a whirlwind, but very worth it.
Enjoy Women's Day!
Praise the Lord that you got the USCIS thing worked out! It was just Men's Day, kind of like Father's Day but celebrates all men instead. And I do think Women's Day is next week, so you probably heard right. You'll see a ton of flowers being bought that day!
ReplyDeleteIn response to your comment on my blog, not at all :)
ReplyDeleteI think it was $600? It would have been just as much for me to wait around for the other passport... and I'd have been stuck there for Ukrainian Christmas, and the closings for that. We got to Kyiv and got everything done in 1 day, on UA Christmas Eve. Made finding dinner tricky, but it was well worth it. I flew over to UA on 3 Jan, and got home 7 Jan. Fastest trip ever.
So happy you got that USCIS form worked out and I will pray for your visa situation. Ukraine does celebrate a lot of different occasions; and yes March 8th is Women's Day.
ReplyDeleteRegarding the USCIS, praise the Lord. That is great news. I received the court decree for Ali on Wednesday. Drove all over Donetsk like a mad man collecting documents and passports and got everything done that day. Jumped on an overnight train to Kyiv and arrived at 7 am. Then it was game on at the US Embassy, Kyiv, getting her medical exam, and finalizing everything in Kyiv that day. We were totally outprocessed in one day in Kyiv, which is crazy fast. I was then able to book a flight home the following morning. Donetsk Wednesday, Kyiv Thursday, heading home Friday.
ReplyDeleteThe secret to our success, I think, is be persistent. Our facilitator (Luba) was awesome and she totally worked her Ukrainian girl charm and stayed persistent everywhere we went. Do not be afraid to make the case at the US Embassy that John has an upper respiratory ailment that needs immediate attention and you have doctors ready in the US to treat him.
Be sure to call the US embassy a day or two ahead of time to let them know you are coming. They request that you do so and it will help speed things up. When you meet at the US Embassy, tell the person you meet with that you have every intention of out processing in one day and you would appreciate their help in doing so.
Also, crazy as it sounds, get aggressive at the hospital where you will get your medical exam. You will see what I mean- lots of people there.
Above all, pray. As a Christian, expect intense spiritual warfare in your last days as you work to bring your son home. It really can get crazy and you need a strong prayer support team in the days ahead.
You can count on our prayers. They are with you. McCoys
Add me to the list of those praying for you. We adopted three Ukrainian sisters last year, but our journey was lightening quick. We were convicted on Palm Sunday and the girls became U.S. citizens on October 26. The strangest thing happened on our journey though...I fell in love with another child at the orphanage. We sent our second dossier this past Thursday night. We have five children by birth (all out and on thier own), three sisters from our first adoption, and now we are adding another brother and sister. By worldly standards, one might ask, "what is wrong with you?" but NEVER in my life have I been more certain of a decision. God is SO good.
ReplyDeleteWomen's Day is a big holiday throughout Europe, not just Ukraine. It is many, many years old. It could be compared to Valentine's Day and Mother's Day combined. Things will be closed, with the exception of restaurants. Because March 8 falls on Tuesday, you can expect to get very little done on Monday or Wednesday of that week as well. Places will close early on Monday (some will not open at all). Places will open back up late on Wednesday. The Ukrainian people use this time to give respect to all the women in their lives. I love this holiday because it is a respectful holiday!
ReplyDeleteIf I can help in Kiev, please let me know!