Last night my internet connection fell when I had just started to talk to Scott on Skype. I was so disappointed that I couldn't get it to re-connect. It was late so I went to bed and hoped it would work in the morning. Well, after many attempts, I couldn't get it to work this morning either. Panic set in a little because I don't know what I'd do without getting to see the kids every afternoon! Thankfully I can send/receive e-mails on my Droid so I e-mailed Paul to pray that the internet would come back on. As I was leaving for the orphanage, I asked the hotel owner's wife if the internet connection was up and running. I was so relieved to learn that the owner had already left to pay the bill and that it should be up and running later. Thank you Lord! I'm so spoiled to have internet access 24/7.
Well, I went to see John in the morning and afternoon again. I don't know why I even write that because that's what I do everyday. He still has something going on in his chest so we can't go outside. It's bitter cold anyway with snow on the ground so playing inside is fine with me. We played in the same little area outside his living quarters. His favorite thing to do is definitely to bat around a balloon or small blow up beach ball.
Between visits, I ventured in to town to buy him a jacket, hat, and gloves. Since I can't read any of the signs, I just looked in the windows to see if they had advertisements with kids on them. I was surprised that I was able to find four stores and even more in the open air market that has booths set up one right after the other. The one store that had the most inventory was without power so eventhough the saleperson was desperate to show me the items with her tiny flash light, I had to move on. I don't know what I'd do without my Droid with the Google Translate app. Every time I walked into a store, I'd show them what I was looking for and they'd bring me right to the merchandise. I bought the cheapest one I could find that looked decent. Once we return to NC, it will be warm and he'll probably never wear it again. I brought it to the ophanage for him to try it on and it fit him perfectly. Then I realized that the elastic on it was shot. I forgot to check it! I've learned that the clothing here isn't super well made or has been sitting on the shelves a long time so I should have been better about looking it over. It will still keep him warm.
After our second playdate, I walked to the Wal-Mart type store, bought him a hat and some treats for tomorrow and ate dinner at the cafeteria. I have no clue what I ate and I still can't believe I ate it because it didn't taste very good. At least, it had cheese and a tomato melted on the top so it masked the flavor a little. I sat at the table in the non-smoking section where I used to sit with Paul:( Since he's been gone, I haven't taken many pictures and haven't had any taken of the two of us until today. One of the caregivers took this one. The other photos are of John playing with his Zsu-Zsu pet and gulping down a juice box I brought him. He inhales any food or drink I give him. As you can see, he is no longer wearing the Tom and Jerry sweater and his hair is growing out a little more each day. Tomorrow I'll post some of the photos that Paul took. You can't see his face very well in these. Only 6 more days until I can take him out of the orphanage! Bed #5 will be empty!
Paslm 68:5-6a
"A father to the fatherless, ... is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families." Psalm 68:5-6a
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(36)
-
▼
February
(23)
- Looks Like I'm Going Home Sat.
- Only 1 Day Left of the 10 Day Waiting Period
- Answers to Prayer
- Prayer Requests and a Praise
- Some Photos
- Out and About Today
- Paul's Office
- Got to See John Today
- Missing Papa
- It's a Boy!
- Court is Tomorrow
- Trouble in Paradise
- Are We There Yet?
- I've Decided to Stay
- Should I Stay or Should I Go?
- We Got the Document!
- Still Missing A Document
- Breakthrough Today and Big Day Tomorrow
- Fun at the Playground
- To the Orphanage and Odessa
- More Fun at the Orphanage
- Officially Started the Process of Adopting Today!
- A Great First Meeting
-
▼
February
(23)
Great pictures!!! Yes, I'd love to know Paul's opinion! My email is allisondull(at)kc(dot)rr(dot)com
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! Enjoy your time with John!!
Thanks for sharing. We all traveled to Ukraine, all five of us, to meet Alina. When Tori and the boys left after court I will never forget the aching loneliness I felt walking into my empty apartment after 3 weeks of very tight togetherness. Our prayers are that you are lifted up in spirit each day, as well as your family, and everything moves super fast on day 10!
ReplyDeleteBlessings.
You guys look so happy!
ReplyDeleteThanks for updating us! Glad you're getting out on some adventures. John's life has already changed so much with getting to see you twice a day and receive all your love and hugs... but he ain't seen nothing yet! 5 more days! It's great that y'all have this time to bond in a place where he feels safe and is familiar... so he'll trust you so much as he is challenged way out of his comfort zone. We'll be praying for his transition.
ReplyDelete